Blue Crab Celeriac Remoulade



Ingredients:
1 loving cup finely grated celeriac (aka celery root)
8 oz bluish crab meat (I used leftovers from steamed crabs)

dressing:
1/3 loving cup mayonnaise
1 1/2-2 tablespoons Dijon
1 tablespoon lemon juice
body of body of water salt
freshly dry soil dark pepper


Directions:
Whisk together the dressing ingredients inwards a minor bowl. Set aside.

Place all house the crab in addition to celeriac inwards a medium bowl. Drizzle amongst dressing. Stir to evenly distribute all ingredients. Refrigerate at to the lowest degree 1 1/2 hours prior to serving.


My thoughts:
Years agone I had céleri rémoulade, a classic French cold, raw salad made amongst celeriac, mayonnaise in addition to mustard in addition to truly enjoyed it. It is in addition to thus refreshing yet filling. I had idea close making it myself but never got around to it, our stores often accept celeriac (lucky!) but they are often minor in addition to honestly, I don't dearest grating. Then this weekend nosotros had crabs for the get-go fourth dimension in addition to I was trying to mean value of what to produce amongst the leftover meat from the lastly yoke of crabs when I spied the (finally, huge) celeriac I've had inwards my refrigerator for a shocking long menstruum of fourth dimension from my Washington Green Grocer fellowship weeks ago.

Luckily the celeriac was even in addition to thus fresh* in addition to thus I grated it upward using the minute largest holes inwards my box grater, tossed it amongst the crab in addition to dressing in addition to refrigerated it for close an hr in addition to a half. Matt raved close the salad. It was only every bit proficient every bit I remembered but it was made fifty-fifty meliorate cheers to the sweetness plump crab. The flavors melded wonderfully in addition to the celeriac, though raw, is soft in addition to creamy, non starchy or hard. It only may live my favorite dish of 2015 in addition to thus far! Oh, in addition to if you lot don't desire to serve it every bit a salad, it is divine scooped on  a slice of (cooked) job solid fish similar cod.



*I was skeptical but my novel BerryBreeze does appear to truly proceed things fresh longer. I had two calendar week erstwhile Brussels sprouts in addition to blackberries inwards at that spot that were only every bit fresh every bit they were when they were delivered.


 Whisk together the dressing ingredients inwards a minor bowl Blue Crab Celeriac Remoulade

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saucisses De Toulouse Aux Lentilles Du Puy Et Courge

Indian Tacos

Mango Marinated Grilled Boneless Pork Ribs