Salade D'oeuf




Ingredients:
vi hard-boiled eggs
1/4 loving cup mayonnaise
ii teaspoons Dijon
4-6 cornichons, finely diced
3/4 teaspoon Herbes de Provence
three tablespoons finely diced sweetness onion


Directions:

Slice eggs inwards one-half as well as take away the yolks. Place the yolks inwards a nutrient processor or mini chopper. Set aside.

Chop upwards the whites. Place inwards a medium-sized bowl. Set aside.

Place the mayonnaise, mustard, as well as Herbes de Provence inwards the mini chopper amongst the yolks. Pulse until smooth. Pour over the chopped eggs. Add the cornichons as well as onion as well as stir to combine. Refrigerate until laid upwards to serve.


My thoughts:
Impressed yesteryear my French? I can't tell I saw whatever egg salad inwards French Republic when nosotros were inwards Lille final calendar month but I did run across quite a chip of it when I was inwards London, Bath as well as Windsor. So many British sandwiches amongst hard-boiled eggs! In France, I ate a lot of  the Welsh, form of a Frenchified Welsh Rarebit as well as steak amongst their famously pungent cheese, mariolles, melted over it for lunch, non egg salad. Anyway! Since it is Bastille Day, I idea I'd percentage this Frenchified egg salad I had for dejeuner dorsum hither inwards Baltimore.

What makes this egg salad French is the piece of occupation of only about of my favorite French imports: cornichons, Dijon mustard, as well as Herbs de Provence. I used my Rodelle Herbes de Provence (alas, my trip was far from Provence as well as then I didn't pick out whatever dorsum amongst me) which is a coarse blend of thyme, fennel, basil, savory, as well as lavender. This added a ton of herbalious flavor which actually elevated this from an ordinary egg salad to ane I'd serve to guests. The cornichons added the pickle-y flavour I dearest as well as then much as well as a chip of crunch.

 Slice eggs inwards one-half as well as take away the yolks Salade d'Oeuf

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saucisses De Toulouse Aux Lentilles Du Puy Et Courge

Indian Tacos

Mango Marinated Grilled Boneless Pork Ribs