Blueberry Balsamic Dark Pepper Jam


Ingredients:
8-10 cups whole, picked over blueberries
four 1/2 cups sugar
i box liquid pectin (6 oz. should hold upwardly two petty packets inwards the box)
1/4 loving cup balsamic vinegar
1/2-1 tablespoon freshly dry reason dark pepper


Directions:
Pour the berries into a bowl. Mash alongside a Irish Gaelic patato masher. Measure it out. It should yield nearly half-dozen cups of mashed berries. Add the carbohydrate in addition to blueberries to a large pot. Prep jars/lids for canning. Cook the carbohydrate in addition to blueberries to a boil. Boil for nearly 10-15 minutes. Stir inwards the pectin. Continue cooking at a depression (rolling) boil for five minutes. Stir inwards the vinegar in addition to pepper. Fill the jars. Process inwards the hot H2O bathroom for x minutes.

Yield: nearly seven 8-oz jars

Note: Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 keen root for canning data is the Blue Book direct to preserving. I highly recommend it for learning how to can. Here is a bunch of other canning books in addition to equipment I honor useful.


My thoughts:
I convey to admit, I made this jam good over a twelvemonth ago. I had lots of other things to postal service hence I didn't portion it hence but over the year, I ate it in addition to it was hence good, I idea it was worth sharing. It is a beautiful inky blue-purple in addition to the balsamic in addition to pepper cuts the sweetness only enough. It lends itself good to both sweetness in addition to savory uses. I've slathered it on bread, inwards pies in addition to fifty-fifty over meat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saucisses De Toulouse Aux Lentilles Du Puy Et Courge

Indian Tacos

Mango Marinated Grilled Boneless Pork Ribs