Ramp Pesto Ham & Gruyère Panini


Ingredients:
8 slices crusty white bread
8 thick slices Gruyère cheese
xvi slices mean value sliced smoked ham

for the ramp pesto:
two bunches ramps
three tablespoons olive oil
3-4 tablespoons toasted pinenuts
body of body of water salt
freshly the world dark pepper

Directions:
Place the pesto ingredients inward a nutrient processor or blender. Pulse until good ground.
Place the cheese inward a unmarried layer on a spell of bread. Spread the ramp pesto on the cheese, overstep amongst ham together with around other layer of cheese. Cover the cheese amongst the other spell of bread. Lightly crude each side of the sandwich. Place on a panini press preheated to "medium". Press until the cheese is melted together with the breadstuff is toasted.


Yield: iv panini

My thoughts:
Recently I was sent around yummy cheese from Emmi. I loved the Swiss Alp Bellevue together with Winzer Classic together with then much only I idea the  Gruyère would function good amongst the leftover ham I had. I too had around ramps leftover from around other dishes (recipes to come!) that were looking a fight limp together with then I idea I'd brand a quick pesto amongst it. The sandwich ended upwards existence a West Virginia meets Switzerland meets French kind of an matter which sounds crazy only was really, actually good! I similar making panini because around how they seem to a greater extent than especial together with oddly, to a greater extent than filling than regular sandwiches only I mean value this 1 would endure skillful mutual depression temperature equally well.

Like ramps?  One of my recipes (with picture!) is included inward this cookbook, Ramps: Cooking amongst the Best Kept Secret of the Appalachian Trail available now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saucisses De Toulouse Aux Lentilles Du Puy Et Courge

Indian Tacos

Mango Marinated Grilled Boneless Pork Ribs