Salatka Z Burakow (Polish Beet Salad)


Ingredients:
1 tablespoon butter
1 onion, chopped
v medium beets, boiled (or roasted) too peeled
juice 1/2 lemon
ii 1/2 teaspoons sugar
body of body of water salt
freshly footing dark pepper


Directions:
Saute onion inwards the butter until soft too translucent. Shred the beets too add together to the onion. Saute briefly to coat the beets inwards the onions. Remove to a bowl too add together the remaining ingredients. Toss to coat. Serve warm or refrigerate ii hours to overnight too serve cold.


My thoughts:
Continuing on our topic of Eastern European-inspired side dishes, I introduce the beet salad. I swear, every Polish cookbook, novel, weblog too periodical I read during the planning for this year's Thanksgiving had at to the lowest degree ii recipes for beet salad or at least, a grapheme eating beet salad. I've never been to Poland but if I always larn there, I conception to consume beet salad equally before long equally I deplane. I kept it unproblematic for this salad, merely beets, lemons too onion but it is very, real good. Very beet-y but non earthy beet-y, to a greater extent than sweet, fresh vegetable beet-y.

I saw recipes for beet salad that had you lot shred raw beets too hence ready them but honestly, that makes no feel to me. Beets are super slow to peel in ane lawsuit cooked; the peel merely slides off when you lot run them amongst a newspaper towel (no ruddy hands!). The lastly texture of the dish is the same if you lot ready the beets earlier or later hence why non salvage yourself some hassle.

Another bonus to this recipe? If you lot desire to serve it mutual depression temperature (I did) you lot tin arrive the twenty-four hr menses earlier too merely whip it out when dinner is served. One less matter to worry about.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saucisses De Toulouse Aux Lentilles Du Puy Et Courge

Indian Tacos

Mango Marinated Grilled Boneless Pork Ribs