Sweet Corn Cob Jelly




Ingredients:
half dozen raw sweetness corn cobs*
one bay leaf
one 6-oz packet liquid pectin (both lilliputian pouches)
three cups sugar

Directions:

Place the corn cobs together with bay foliage inwards a heavy bottomed half dozen quart Dutch oven. Fill amongst water. Bring to a boil. Continue to boil for thirty minutes. Strain into a large mensuration cup. It should mensurate almost four cups. Pour the liquid dorsum into the Dutch oven. Add the saccharide together with pectin together with convey to a rolling boil. Boil until it "sets" into a jelly-like texture, but a few minutes. Ladle into jars, leaving a 1/4 inch headspace together with procedure fifteen minutes using the hot H2O method.


Yield: half dozen 8-oz jars

*I used cobs leftover from making things like this. Not cobs I had eaten off of or were previously boiled/grilled. Because I am non an skilful corn cutter-offer, at that spot was around corn left on the cobs (mostly one-half kernels) which added flavor.


Note: Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 groovy root for canning data is the Blue Book direct to preserving. I highly recommend it for learning how to can. Here is a bunch of other canning books together with equipment I notice useful.


My thoughts:
Until I went to Nashville inwards May, I had exclusively heard of corn cob jelly. Then I was served it amongst around fried light-green tomatoes together with it was together with hence good, I had to arrive myself. I generally came across recipes using seed corn but the jelly I had was definitely made amongst sweetness corn together with hence I came upwards amongst this recipe. I added the bay foliage to heighten the lite corn season together with I am glad I did. It cutting the sweetness a chip together with added fifty-fifty to a greater extent than of an herbal note.

PS: Today is National Can-it-Forward Day! The perfect 24-hour interval to tin amongst friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saucisses De Toulouse Aux Lentilles Du Puy Et Courge

Indian Tacos

Mango Marinated Grilled Boneless Pork Ribs