Autumn Salad Amongst Cornbread Croutons





Ingredients:


for the croutons:
a few slices day-old cornbread (I used this country ham cornbread), cutting into bite-sized cubes
2-3 tablespoons olive oil

for the salad:

1/3 loving cup toasted walnut pieces*
three small-medium roasted beets, chopped
1 cooked chicken breast, cutting into bite-sized pieces
1 stem celery, sliced
1 modest crimson onion, sliced into quarter moons
1 large Stayman-Winesap apple, thinly sliced
three oz crumbled bluish cheese
10 oz infant arugula
2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
ocean salt
freshly basis dark pepper



Directions:

 Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sail alongside parchment. Set aside.

In a medium bowl, toss the cubed cornbread alongside the olive oil. Arrange on the prepared pan. Bake 10 minutes, stirring once, or until crisp. Allow to cool briefly.

Meanwhile, toss together the salad ingredients. Divide onto 2 plates together with come about alongside cooled croutons.


*I heated them inwards a dry out skillet for most 1 minute
My thoughts:

I am non a huge greenish salad fan. I e'er honor them a flake boring, honestly. They genuinely bring to survive loaded upwards alongside a lot of strong, contrasting flavors together with textures to operate on my interest. This salad fits the nib on all accounts. Peppery arugula, slightly sweet, crunchy cornbread croutons, crisp Stayman-Winesap apples, creamy bluish cheese, crunchy celery, warm walnuts, together with earthy beets. It's a whole, genuinely satisfying, real autumnal salad. I intend I operate bonus points for picking the apples myself together with making my ain cornbread that I together with thence made into croutons. 


 toss the cubed cornbread alongside the olive crude oil Autumn Salad alongside Cornbread Croutons

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saucisses De Toulouse Aux Lentilles Du Puy Et Courge

Indian Tacos

Mango Marinated Grilled Boneless Pork Ribs