Rhubarb Mint Sparkler



Ingredients:
1 stem rhubarb, diced (about 1 cup)
two tablespoons minced fresh mint
1 loving cup water
1 loving cup granulated sugar
guild soda or seltzer


Directions:
Place all ingredients inwards a 1 1/2 qt. saucepan. Cook over depression heat, stirring occasionally, until the carbohydrate dissolves together with the mixture thickens, virtually thirty minutes. Allow to cool to room temperature. Using a fine metallic sieve, strain the mixture into an air-tight, lidded container. Discard solids*. Stir 1 tablespoon into 8 oz of sparkling H2O per drink. Refrigerate leftover syrup upwardly to 1 month.




Yield: 1 loving cup syrup, plenty for a dozen or to a greater extent than drinks.

Tip: purpose a whisk to extract off the syrup out of the pulp

*Or consume them! It is basically candied rhubarb.

My thoughts:
I dearest going to the shop together with finding rhubarb again. It is e'er a certain sign of leap to come! Some years I've institute it every bit early on every bit Jan precisely some years due to rhubarb blight(!)I've had to facial expression until Apr which is disappointing, peculiarly if you've been hired to practise a novel rhubarb recipe! Luckily for me, I've spotted these brilliant blood-red stalks a span of times already. I made rhubarb soda a long fourth dimension agone together with it was together with thence good, I idea I'd revisit it amongst a novel twist: mint! I appear to pair rhubarb most oft amongst ginger (like my rhubarb ginger pulled pork together with rhubarb yogurt muffins) precisely I mean value it goes good amongst mint every bit well. In fact my strawberry rhubarb mint jam was the inspiration for this soda. It is together with thence refreshing together with spring-like, it made me forget the snowfall we're existence threatened with.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saucisses De Toulouse Aux Lentilles Du Puy Et Courge

Indian Tacos

Mango Marinated Grilled Boneless Pork Ribs