Toffee Macaroon Matzo Bars






Ingredients

2-3 sheets evidently matzo
10 oz semi or bittersweet chocolate chips
1 loving cup sweetened finely flaked coconut
1/2 loving cup slivered almonds
1 (14 oz) tin sweetened condensed milk*
3/4 loving cup toffee chunks**


Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Thoroughly butter a 9x13 inch baking pan. Set aside.

Place the matzo inward the bottom of the pan, breaking every bit needed to jibe together with comprehend the bottom of the pan every bit much every bit possible.



Evenly sprinkle the chocolate chips, together with thus the coconut, together with almonds over the matzo. Pour the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the top, together with spread alongside the dorsum of a spoon or spatula until the mixture is evenly coated.

Bake for 25-30 minutes until edges are golden brown. Remove to a wire rack together with at 1 time evenly sprinkle alongside toffee chunks.

Allow to cool on a wire rack completely earlier slicing.  This volition induce got a lot longer than y'all expect.




Store inward the fridge or on a cool counter inward an air-tight container. Freeze leftovers upwards to vi months if desired.

*Make certain to role sweetened condensed milk that is marked every bit Kosher for Passover or role 1 of the many recipes for making it yourself that are available online.

**I placed this toffee inward a resealable pocketbook together with striking it alongside a rolling pivot to suspension it into chunks. I sprinkled both the larger chunks together with smaller bits.
My thoughts:


I was trying to intend of a novel dessert or process for Passover this year, nosotros are non religous but I commonly brand something each year. The pineapple kokosnoot matzo granola I made years agone was nifty but non precisely a dessert. I honey making macaroons but I felt similar something different. I was going to brand matzo toffee together with telephone phone it a twenty-four hours but together with thus I had a improve idea.

Last yr I discovered Magic Bars (or Hello Dolly Bars or 7-Layer Bars) for the showtime time. I intend bars are to a greater extent than pop inward other parts of the the world together with are a fleck sometime fashioned but I did non grow upwards eating them. We ever had brownies or black bottoms, non bars!  I made what I called cocoanuts bars final yr together with thus for New Year's Eve to instruct alongside our numbers theme, I made speculoos butterscotch 7-layer bars. They are thus slow to brand together with the flavors are actually opened upwards to tweaking.

Why non supercede the cookie layer alongside matzo? While I honey these bars they are real sweet, together with I've tried a few things to cutting downward on the sweetness, namely using real nighttime chocolate and/or unsweetened kokosnoot but it's a bar that uses sweetened condensed milk every bit a binder. There's non much y'all tin do! Using a cookie layer doesn't assistance either. Why non role matzo instead? It's non sweet, is perfect for Passover together with doesn't postulate butter to assistance it stick together together with comprehend a baking dish which makes the bar lighter every bit well.

Once I decided to brand Matzo magic bars, I had to intend most flavors. I persuasion I'd combine those pop Passover treats--matzo brittle together with macaroons--into 1 bar. I didn't wishing to only layer kokosnoot on the toffee together with telephone phone it a twenty-four hours thus I made toffee together with sprinkled it on transcend together with made the bars the traditional means but substituting matzo for cookie crumbs. When y'all sprinkle the toffee spell the bars are even thus hot, it melts into the bars but doesn't plough totally liquid which is precisely what y'all want.

These were thus good, my hubby gave them the ultimate compliment-they were legit delicious, non only proficient for Passover! Passover desserts tin locomote tricky thus this is high praise indeed. Of course, y'all don't induce got to brand these only for Passover, they are a process whatever fourth dimension of the year. The toffee actually is the crowning touch--it adds thus much flavour together with a contrasting texture to the kokosnoot together with matzo.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saucisses De Toulouse Aux Lentilles Du Puy Et Courge

Indian Tacos

Mango Marinated Grilled Boneless Pork Ribs