Cara Cara Orangish Jam



Ingredients:
8 cups supremed Cara Cara segments
iv 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 box liquid pectin (3 oz., ane of the lilliputian packets inwards the box)
1/4 loving cup lemon juice (I used bottled)
three tablespoons Grand Marnier
zest of 2 Cara Cara oranges


Directions:
Prep jars/lids for canning. Add the orangish segments too zest into a large, heavy bottomed pan. Add the sugar. Bring to a boil, stirring carefully to avoid splashing, interruption upward the segments, occasionally. Boil until it begins to cut back too thicken. Stir inwards the pectin, Grand Marnier too lemon juice. Continue cooking at a depression (rolling) boil for 5-10 minutes or until it looks jammy. Fill the jars leaving 1/4 inch headroom. Process inwards the hot H2O bathroom for 10 minutes.


Yield: 5-6 8-oz jars. I ended upward amongst v 8-oz, 1 4-oz too a duo of spoonfuls

Note: Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 slap-up beginning for canning data is the Blue Book guide to preserving. I highly recommend it for learning how to can. Here is a bunch of other canning books too equipment I uncovering useful.


My thoughts:
Today was a busy citrus 24-hour interval at the Rappaport house. I made this jam too marmalade for the showtime time. I had many pounds of citrus I wanted to purpose upward too marmalade is a lot of fiddly work. I can't imagine doing ii batches of that inwards ane 24-hour interval unless a. I all of a precipitous became very, real quick at it or b. somebody was paying me. So I started to mean value of something citrus-y I could brand that would last a lilliputian less fourth dimension consuming. Don't acquire me wrong, it takes a long fourth dimension to supreme too thus many oranges but at to the lowest degree I didn't stimulate got a pare to worry close too the actual cooking of the jam was quick too easy. I honestly I stimulate got never seen a recipe for citrus jam earlier but I didn't run across whatever argue why it would move or last perfectly tasty. Sort of a marmalade without the candied peel. As it turns out, it makes a lovely jam, freshly orangish scented too non equally sweetness equally jelly would stimulate got been. The segments almost caramelize too actually pop. Since Cara Caras are pinkish inside, the jam is a pretty orangish rose color. It is yummy on breadstuff etc but I am already thinking of ways to purpose it inwards novel recipes that need a fighting of citrus.

I did "cheat" too added roughly liquid pectin despite oranges beingness pretty high inwards pectin. Cara Caras are seedless too I didn't desire to add together whatever bitterness from the pare to the jam. I knew it would easily fix amongst only a fighting of pectin too it did.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saucisses De Toulouse Aux Lentilles Du Puy Et Courge

Indian Tacos

Mango Marinated Grilled Boneless Pork Ribs