Cheddar Jalapeño Grits Amongst Andouille Sausage



Ingredients:
four cups chicken stock
1 loving cup stone-ground grits (not instant)
1 jalapeño, diced
1 medium onion,chopped
1/3 loving cup shredded extra sudden cheddar
four andouille sausages
salt
freshly soil dark pepper

Directions:
In a skillet, saute the onion as well as jalapeño until the onion is soft. Remove from the skillet. Set aside. Broil the sausage until browned as well as cooked through. Set aside as well as piece of occupation on warm. In a medium pot, convey the broth to a boil. Add the grits as well as stir continually for almost 10 minutes or until all the broth is absorbed. Remove from the rut as well as stir inward the cheese, salt, pepper as well as onion.

My thoughts:
I was inward the supermarket the other solar daytime as well as saw grits on the shelf as well as it looked oddly good. I don't brand a lot of grits but I produce bask them as well as they receive got been on my hear lately when planning a trip to the South. We simply don't run into them on the card hither every bit often. Shrimp as well as grits, yes, they are oddly pop but grits for breakfast? Not then much. Then I saw that my hubby had set a bundle of andouille inward the cart (it was on sale!) I idea I'd receive got it from its commons purpose as well as plough it into a breakfast sausage to serve amongst my grits. Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 lot of one-time fourth dimension Baltimoreans volition swallow right away upward breakfast (link) sausage as well as hominy for breakfast then why non grits as well as andouille? It is simply their farther S cousins. I added cheese (because I could) as well as peppers (to necktie inward amongst the spicy sausage) as well as a delicious breakfast was done inward almost 10 minutes* amongst petty fuss. Perfect for the weekend or weekday as well as a pace upward from the usual.


*Also: tin mortal explicate to the appeal of quick cooking grits? They exclusively receive got 10 minutes the "long way".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saucisses De Toulouse Aux Lentilles Du Puy Et Courge

Indian Tacos

Mango Marinated Grilled Boneless Pork Ribs