Grapefruit Lemongrass Jam

Ingredients:
8 cups supremed grapefruits segments (I used Duncan)
5 cups sugar
1/2 box liquid pectin (3 oz., i of the niggling packets inward the box)
three stalks lemongrass (thick bottom parts only)

Directions:
Prep jars/lids for canning. Add the grapefruit segments in addition to lemongrass into a large, heavy bottomed pan. Add the sugar. Bring to a boil, stirring carefully to avoid splashing, pause upwards the segments, occasionally. Boil until it begins to cut down in addition to thicken. Stir inward the pectin. Continue cooking at a depression (rolling) boil for 10 minutes or until it looks jammy. Fish out the lemongrass. Fill the jars leaving 1/4 inch headroom. Process inward the hot H2O bathroom for 10 minutes.

Yield: 6-7 8-oz jars.

Note: Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 smashing root for canning data is the Blue Book conduct to preserving. I highly recommend it for learning how to can. Here is a bunch of other canning books in addition to equipment I honor useful.




My thoughts:
Grapefruit is non i of my favorite fruits. I mean, I similar it but I honor it a flake too much to consume regularly. But I can't resist purchase fruit when they are inward season, particularly during the wintertime when zip local is inward season. So I bought a pair of genuinely huge bags of grapefruit, ate roughly in addition to hence boiled roughly upwards amongst lemongrass to practise this sunshine-y jam. I similar making jam amongst citrus fruits fifty-fifty though it is to a greater extent than odd than jam made amongst berries in addition to of course, citrus fruit is close oftentimes turned into marmalade. It is easier than marmalade (no pith removal/slicing the peel) but withal has that rigid citrus flavor. Plus I dearest having peels to toss inward my compost bin during the winter, it actually seems to aid things along.

Anyway! This jam is the perfect tally of sweetness in addition to tart in addition to the lemongrass provides this lovely floral Federal Reserve notation that simply pushes it to the adjacent level. Perfect on scones or pretty much anything. It would brand a wonderful vacation or hostess gift.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saucisses De Toulouse Aux Lentilles Du Puy Et Courge

Indian Tacos

Mango Marinated Grilled Boneless Pork Ribs