Kadota Fig & Candied Ginger Jam


Ingredients:
iii lbs Kadota figs, stems removed in addition to finely chopped (about four cups)
1 3/4 cups sugar
1/2 loving cup bottled lemon juice
1/4 loving cup diced crystallized candied ginger
iii ounces liquid pectin (one pouch)

Directions:
Prep the jars/lids. Place the figs, saccharide in addition to lemon juice inwards a saucepan. Bring the mixture to a sum rolling boil. Boil for 10 minutes. Remove from rut in addition to stir inwards pectin in addition to candied ginger. Boil v minutes. Fill in addition to seal the jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Process for 10 minutes inwards a boiling H2O bath.

Yield: nearly v 8-oz jars


Note: Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 swell root for canning data is the Blue Book need to preserving. I highly recommend it for learning how to can. Here is a bunch of other canning books in addition to equipment I detect useful.

*I used bottled lemon juice instead of fresh because figs are a depression acid fruit in addition to I wanted to brand certain that the acid content was high plenty to safely role the hot H2O method. The acidity of fresh lemons tin vary simply the acidity of bottled lemon juice is constant.

My thoughts:
Kadota figs convey low-cal greenish skins in addition to pretty pinkish centers. Like most figs they are pretty sweetness simply I intend they convey a to a greater extent than floral, almost honey-like flavour than other varieties I've tried. I had some actually skilful candied ginger in addition to idea it would last good amongst this item fig. Of course, I am a big ginger fan anyway simply it kept the jam from existence crazy sweetness piece at the same fourth dimension keeping the floral note. I too liked how the ginger in addition to fig ended upward amongst similar textures which made for swell spreadablity. I await forrad to using this jam inwards other recipes. I intend it would brand an awesome filling for cookies.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saucisses De Toulouse Aux Lentilles Du Puy Et Courge

Indian Tacos

Mango Marinated Grilled Boneless Pork Ribs