Mango-Chile H2o Ice Box Pie


Ingredients:
four mangos (about four cups mango flesh)
8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
fourteen oz sweetened condensed milk
1/4 loving cup tequila
juice of 1 lime
zest of 1 lime
1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder

1 9-inch graham cracker crust

Directions:
Place all ingredients (EXCEPT the crust!) inwards a blender or nutrient processor (I used my Vita-Mix) together with pulse until it is very, really smooth. Pour into the crust. Refrigerate until set, at to the lowest degree ii hours.


My thoughts:
Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 mini-heatwave struck Baltimore this weekend bringing amongst it high temperatures together with fifty-fifty higher humidity. While the atmospheric condition was unexpected together with unwelcome for together with then early on inwards May, it did remind me that H2O ice box pie flavor is here. As long fourth dimension readers I know, I beloved H2O ice box pies. Any dessert that doesn't involve using my oven inwards my 1930s un-air-conditioned kitchen when it over 90° goes correct to the operate yesteryear of my list. Over the terminal half-dozen years I've made together with posted blueberry-ginger, kiwi-lemongrass, blackberry meringue, together with possibly the most pop H2O ice box pie, fundamental lime inwards both regular my brother's favorite chocolate pie (technically a freezer pie) together with coconut versions. For this pie, I drew inspiration from spicy Mexican paletas which combine fruit or vegetables amongst spices for a frozen sweet-spicy treat.

Anyway! This is a super uncomplicated pie, only brand certain you lot receive got the fourth dimension to thoroughly blend the ingredients together, non alone volition the pie travel smoother together with to a greater extent than consistent but if you lot receive got a fibrous mango, you lot desire to actually pulverize it or the pie volition travel stringy. I loved the pie because it was creamy amongst a downright velvety texture without existence rich together with had a really pure mango flavor. The spice kind of hits you lot afterward you lot swallow your seize amongst teeth which I enjoyed but the spice phobic mightiness desire to halve the chipotle, it isn't blisteringly hot but I intend a lot of people are non used to spicy pie! But please, endeavor together with brand this pie, it is the best mango pie I've always had!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saucisses De Toulouse Aux Lentilles Du Puy Et Courge

Indian Tacos

Mango Marinated Grilled Boneless Pork Ribs