Old Bay Fried Greenish Tomatoes


Ingredients:
5 dark-green (unripe) tomatoes, sliced into 1/4 inch thick slices
ii cups buttermilk
1 loving cup instant flour (like Wondra)
1 loving cup cornmeal
1-2 tablespoons Old Bay
ii eggs
hot sauce
canola crude (for frying)

Directions:
Soak the love apple tree slices inward the buttermilk for xxx minutes. Meanwhile, oestrus virtually a 1/2 inch of crude inward a 12 inch shape Fe skillet. Beat the eggs in addition to a few drops of hot sauce inward a shallow bowl. Pour the instant flour inward a split upward shallow bowl. Pour the cornmeal in addition to Old Bay inward a tertiary shallow bowl in addition to stir to combine. Dip both sides of each love apple tree piece inward the flour, thence the egg, thence a cornmeal mixture. Fry until golden brownish on both sides, flipping once, virtually 5-8 minutes. Drain on newspaper towel lined plates. Serve immediately.

My thoughts:
I wishing it was love apple tree flavor hither inward Baltimore simply nosotros are non quite there. My plants are virtually v feet tall (monsters!) simply all of the tomatoes are all the same green. Ripening, simply green. Normally I made fried dark-green tomatoes at the terminate of the flavor out of tomatoes that didn't ripen simply I saw roughly lovely, large, perfectly circular tomatoes at the farm shop in addition to snatched them up. Of course, I could convey used my homegrown ones simply I planted 10 unlike heirloom varieties in addition to I desire goose egg to halt me from trying each one. I seat a combat of a Baltimore twist on these tomatoes in addition to added my favorite Old Bay. I liked it a lot because it added spice without existence hot in addition to made the tomatoes become good amongst seafood in addition to Southern fashion food. Yum.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saucisses De Toulouse Aux Lentilles Du Puy Et Courge

Indian Tacos

Mango Marinated Grilled Boneless Pork Ribs