Rainbow Chard, Meyer Lemon In Addition To Dill Orzo



Ingredients:

1 loving cup orzo
fifteen oz (canned) cannellini beans, drained
1 large bunch of rainbow chard or Swiss chard, stems together with leaves chopped (separate the stems together with leaves)
three cloves garlic, minced
1 pocket-sized cherry onion, cutting into half-moon sliced
1/4 loving cup chopped dill
3/4 (loose) loving cup Italian or curly parsley*, chopped
juice together with zest of 2 Meyer lemons
salt
freshly put down dark pepper


Directions:

Prepare orzo according to packet instructions. Drain together with laid aside, covered to proceed warm.

In a large pan, saute the chard stems, onion, together with garlic until the onion is translucent. Add inward the leaves, dill, together with parsley together with saute until the greens showtime to wilt. Add the lemon juice, beans, common salt together with pepper. Saute until the greens are tender. Stir inward orzo, laid 1-2 minutes. Serve immediately.

Note: I made this equally a side dish, hence served the leftovers I reheated inward a skillet equally dejeuner the side past times side twenty-four hr menstruum topped amongst a fried egg. It was quite skillful equally a vegetarian main.







*I prefer Italian (flat-leaf) parsley only this was a grocery delivery lodge together with was subbed curly instead. It was fine.

My thoughts:
I had a weird craving for orzo recently. I don't intend I've had orzo inward years except perchance at the Greek Festival nosotros larn to each year. Now I experience similar I've been missing out! It's notwithstanding wintertime unfortunately together with non much is inward season. Leafy greens tin locomote quite skillful this fourth dimension of twelvemonth hence I travail to contain them into our meals equally much equally I can. Rainbow chard is i of my favorites because it is hence colorful, something I actually request inward February.

I originally made this dish equally a side to about halibut only it makes a lot for ii people together with I had enough of leftovers. As I said inward the note, I heated it upwards inward a skillet together with topped it amongst a lacy egg together with I mightiness convey liked that fifty-fifty to a greater extent than than it inward its master incarnation. The orzo got slightly crispy together with chewy inward a pleasant way. I encourage you lot to larn inward equally a principal if you lot are hence inclined, the beans add together about heft together with poly peptide together with at that topographic point is a ton of flavor from the fresh dill together with parsley. Without the egg topper, it is totally vegan!

 large bunch of rainbow chard or Swiss chard Rainbow Chard, Meyer Lemon together with Dill Orzo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saucisses De Toulouse Aux Lentilles Du Puy Et Courge

Indian Tacos

Mango Marinated Grilled Boneless Pork Ribs