Raspberry Shortbread Bars

This is the best recipe I've tried inwards a long time. I institute it over on "The Domestic Rebel"....my picky-picky married adult man is inwards dear alongside this sugariness treat!!!

The bottom crust is a deliciously TENDER shortbread, thus at that spot is a uncomplicated layer of raspberry jam, nuts in addition to to a greater extent than shortbread pieces on top. It couldn't live easier!!! The master recipe didn't bring a frosting, but I mean value every cookie bar needs a drizzle, don't you? (My tweaks to this recipe are inwards blue).


CLICK ON THIS PICTURE

3/4 loving cup butter (room temperature)
1/2 loving cup powdered sugar
1   teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond  extract
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 loving cup raspberry jam (I used 1/2 cup)
1 loving cup slivered almonds (I used 3/4 loving cup of toasted pecans, chopped)

Preheat oven to 350°F in addition to work an 8"x 8" pan alongside foil, spray the foil alongside cooking spray. (I lined an 8" x 8" baking pan alongside parchment newspaper in addition to used NO spray. Leave the parchment ends long, thus y'all tin select handgrip of onto them to elevator the bars out of the pan later on they are cooked in addition to cooled.)

CLICK ON THIS PICTURE

In a large bowl (I used my stand upward mixer) beat the room temperature butter, powdered saccharide in addition to extracts until creamy (about ii minutes).

Add the flour in addition to vanquish until it all comes together. The dough may live a lilliputian crumbly but that's OK. (Dough comes together perfectly using a stand upward mixer....a smaller mixer powerfulness exit it a lilliputian crumbly).

CLICK ON THIS PICTURE

Remove 1/2 loving cup of this dough, wind it inwards plastic in addition to freeze for 10 minutes. (I patted the 1/2 loving cup reserved dough into a sparse disk in addition to thus set it inwards the freezer)

Pat the residue of the dough onto the foil (or parchment) lined pan, inwards an fifty-fifty layer. Top alongside 1/2 loving cup of slivered almonds in addition to jam, spreading almost to border of dough. I set toasted pecans UNDER the layer of jam.

Crumble the remaining dough on move on in addition to goal alongside remaining slivered almonds. (I cutting upward the frozen dough into really sparse slivers alongside my pastry cutter in addition to sprinkled evenly over the jam layer, thus I topped that layer alongside the concluding 1/4 loving cup toasted chopped pecans.)

Bake 45 to 50 minutes at 350°F or until the move on is lite golden dark-brown in addition to oculus is set. Cool completely. My electrical oven took just 45 minutes to larn overnice in addition to golden on top. The master recipe said "bake until oculus is set", but at that spot is zilch inwards the oculus to 'set' inwards this recipe, thus I would ignore that idea.

The master recipe didn't bring a frosting, but I consider it needed some, thus I but mixed a lilliputian melted butter alongside some powdered saccharide in addition to vanilla in addition to a span tablespoons of milk (sorry, I never stair out my frosting's). Just mix it good in addition to drizzle over the cooked bars....you can't become wrong.

Cool completely earlier cutting into squares.

CLICK ON THIS PICTURE

ENJOY !!!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saucisses De Toulouse Aux Lentilles Du Puy Et Courge

Indian Tacos

Mango Marinated Grilled Boneless Pork Ribs