Steamburgers

tershire sauce
ane tablespoon canola oil
1/2 teaspoon paprika
salt
pepper

to serve:
mustard
minced onion
soft rolls

Directions:
Heat crude oil inwards a large, shallow skillet. Saute the onion too shallot until but get-go to soften. Add the beef until the fatty starts to render, breaking the meat into modest bits. Drain off the fat. Add the Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, paprika too stock. Simmer until the stock has totally evaporated. Serve sprinkled alongside onion on buns alongside a smear of mustard.


My thoughts:
Steamburgers are the signature dish at Stewart's Root Beer out on Pulaski Highway but exterior of Baltimore. My grandpop used to nation me nigh getting them long earlier I or fifty-fifty my woman rear was born. If that doesn't brand a identify unit of measurement tradition what does? They are basically a unloosen meat sandwich, form of similar a sloppy joe but without the sauce. Served on a soft bun alongside onions too a smear of mustard or alongside cheese melted on, they are a fleck of retro heaven. I've heard of similar sandwiches sold inwards other parts of the province but I've never encountered them exterior of Stewart's which non exclusively has been serving steamburgers since 1945 but draft root beers, regular burgers, chili dogs, fries too summery side dishes similar coleslaw too Irish Gaelic patato salad. Stewart's is exclusively opened upwards vi months of the twelvemonth (the warmer months) too hence I've long wanted to prepare a recipe too hence I tin strength out consume a steamburger whenever the mood strikes. It took some experimenting but I intend I've come upwards every bit real roughly the sense of savor of the master copy every bit I could but similar many homemade versions of fast nutrient is a lot less greasy. (Sorry, Stewarts!) It is real meaty too juicy but fresh tasting. If yous are however non convinced, steamburgers sense of savor real much similar a traditional hamburger but inwards a to a greater extent than rustic, crumbly form.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saucisses De Toulouse Aux Lentilles Du Puy Et Courge

Indian Tacos

Mango Marinated Grilled Boneless Pork Ribs