Whipping Cream Biscuits

I am fairly successful when it comes to baking alongside yeast, however, biscuits convey been one of my big failures for many years. Every together with hence often, I test diverse biscuit recipes inwards hopes of finding a skillful one. After each attempt, Hubby tells me "I similar whomp biscuits" amend (it is humiliating!!)

Are you lot familiar alongside "whomp biscuits"? They become "whomp" when you lot hitting them on the border of the counter to popular the subway scheme open. Personally, they aren't my favorite, precisely Hubby likes them (Pillsbury Grands).

Last week, I made Paula Deen's cream biscuits for breakfast. Because the recipe has exclusively THREE ingredients (self ascent flour, saccharide together with whipping cream), I didn't convey really high expectations, precisely they turned out GREAT!! The biscuits were light, moist, tasty together with oh together with hence quick. I used them to brand roughly ham and egg sandwiches together with Hubby genuinely liked them!!


2 cups self ascent flour (see note)
1 tablespoon sugar
1½ cups heavy whipping cream


Mix all three ingredients together until dough forms a ball. Turn out onto lightly floured counter together with knead five to seven times. Pat dough out to ½ inch thickness together with cutting biscuits alongside a three inch cutter. Place on greased baking canvass (with 1" betwixt biscuits) together with bake at 500F for 10 minutes

NOTE: I never convey self ascent flour, together with hence for EACH CUP of self ascent flour, I substitute 1 loving cup of all operate flour + 1¼ teaspoon baking pulverisation + 1/8 teaspoon salt.

NOTE: I brushed my biscuits alongside butter when them came out of the oven.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saucisses De Toulouse Aux Lentilles Du Puy Et Courge

Indian Tacos

Mango Marinated Grilled Boneless Pork Ribs