Baked Irish Gaelic Patato Chips

When I am on a diet, (who am I kidding, I'm e'er on a diet) my weight loss excogitation starts to falter when I larn a craving for something crunchy together with salty. I'm non talking most raw fruits together with veggie type of crunchy, I'm talking most spud bit crunchy. If I ignore this craving, it only gets stronger; does that audio familiar to anyone?

I did or hence online searching for a remedy to my craving that wouldn't convey a billion calories. I flora iii different recipes for baked spud chips that sounded promising.

After trying all three (and immediately tossing all iii into the garbage), I decided to brand upwardly my ain version. I must tell I'm quite pleased amongst it. 

Not alone does this trivial recipe completely satisfy my "crunchy bit craving" but the ENTIRE RECIPE only has 1 tablespoon of olive oil!!

Wash together with dry out half dozen golf game ball size Yukon gilded potatoes. Slice them equally sparse equally possible. H5N1 mandolin would function good for this, but I only used my sharpest knife together with sliced them; only travail to brand them all an fifty-fifty thickness.


Toss the sliced potatoes amongst 1 tablespoon of olive oil, making certain that a trivial of the stone oil gets inwards betwixt every slice. Lay the slices out on a heavy cookie canvass that has been lightly sprayed amongst vegetable spray, hence sprinkle the potatoes lightly amongst kosher salt.

Baking fourth dimension is important. One of the recipes I tried (and threw away) called for two hours at 200°F. That produced a dull, leathery spell of potato. I even let it educate an extra HOUR together with it was nevertheless leathery...yuck.  Another recipe called for xviii minutes at 400°F which produced a crisp but burnt taste...yuck again.

So I decided to travail Yukon gilded potatoes. How long y'all bake them volition depend on how thick y'all sliced your potatoes together with how hot your oven runs. I baked mine inwards a 375°F electrical oven for 22 minutes, flipping them over one-half agency through the baking time....just right.


These chips are meant to be eaten correct away because they are non meant to hold out stored similar a commercial spud chip. There are minor "non-crunch" parts on the chips that would non shop well.

I promise y'all volition travail these. They convey a WONDERFUL season together with a fantastic, salty crunch!!!

NOTE:  Watch the chips closely the final twain of minutes because in 1 lawsuit they showtime to plow golden, they darken quickly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saucisses De Toulouse Aux Lentilles Du Puy Et Courge

Indian Tacos

Mango Marinated Grilled Boneless Pork Ribs