Bisquick Clone Recipe

I constitute a recipe, recently, that I actually wanted to try, however, it called for 1 loving cup of commercial Bisquick, an detail I don't normally stock inward my pantry.  I wasn't besides keen on buying a whole box of Bisquick (when I entirely needed a loving cup of it) thus I went Internet surfing for a Bisquick clone recipe.

I constitute several but they all called for shortening (not precisely what I was looking for). Then I constitute the next recipe, which uses Canola crude oil (on http://www.food.com/ )  I used it to brand biscuits for dinner this evening as well as nosotros were VERY pleased alongside the light, flaky results. They were really similar to commercial Bisquick biscuits (picky-picky hubby said the were much amend than Bisquick) as well as y'all tin NOT rhythm out the convenience!! I retrieve to move along a canister of this mix inward my pantry from right away on.

This recipe tin easily live on doubled or tripled as well as I dear that the ingredients are ever on hand.

BISQUICK CLONE MIX

4½ cups all utilization flour
four tablespoons baking powder
two tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
10 tablespoons Canola oil

Whisk everything together (I used my stand upwardly mixer alongside the whisk attachment) but a manus whisk would operate only equally well, it volition await similar this.

Store this mixture inward a container alongside a tight plumbing equipment lid (at room temperature) for upwardly to half-dozen weeks. Use it precisely similar y'all would for ANY recipe that calls for Bisquick (biscuits, muffins, pancakes, pot pie crusts, etc.). It non entirely saves a lot of money, but it tastes groovy too!!
BISCUITS (makes 6)

2¼ cups Bisquick Clone Mix
2/3 loving cup milk

Mix alongside a spoon until it comes together, as well as thus plough out onto your counter that has been dusted alongside a fiddling to a greater extent than of the dry out mix (don't utilization flour). Knead lightly 10 times, as well as thus pat to 1/2" thick. Cut alongside 2½" biscuit cutter. Place on greased cookie canvas (I utilization parchment) as well as brush alongside melted butter. The melted butter is optional, but nosotros similar them that way.

Bake at 450 for 10-12 minutes (my electrical oven took 12 minutes).
I constitute a neat Bisquick recipe site that has lots of interesting recipes: CLICK HERE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saucisses De Toulouse Aux Lentilles Du Puy Et Courge

Indian Tacos

Mango Marinated Grilled Boneless Pork Ribs