Broiled Oysters Alongside Bacon In Addition To Leeks

Ingredients:
12 oysters (unshucked)
2 slices bacon, cooked as well as crumbled
2 leeks, minced (white parts only!)
three cloves garlic, minced
1/2 loving cup breadstuff crumbs or matzo meal


Directions:
Saute the leeks as well as garlic inwards 1 1/2 tablespoons bacon grease until soft. Remove from heat. Add the breadstuff crumbs as well as bacon bits as well as stir to combine. Shuck the oysters. Discard altitude shell.

Place oysters inwards their shells on large baking sail or broiling pan.



Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over each oyster.


Broil until crumbs are golden, near three minutes.



My thoughts:
Oysters are my favorite nutrient if I accept to alternative merely one. Maybe it is growing upwardly inwards Baltimore but add together oysters to anything as well as I am in! Oyster stew, po'boys, oyster casserole, scalloped oysters, oyster stuffing, oyster Eggs Benedict, whatever! I fifty-fifty set a Buffalo fried oyster on the one-half trounce recipe inwards my novel cookbook. So when I could add together 2 dozen oysters from Barren Island Oysters to my attain delivery 1 week, I had to attain it! We hadn't shucked oysters at habitation earlier as well as it was a trivial tricky because the oysters' shells were as well as therefore irregularly shaped but nosotros got the hang of it. If you lot don't accept an oyster knife, you lot tin house them inwards a 350 oven for near 3-5 minutes or until they outset to open. Then you lot tin pry the shells off pretty easily. Since I had the oysters inwards the one-half shell, I came upwardly alongside a savory, bacon-y stuffing for them. It was as well as therefore good; non overpowering of the oysters at all but a fun, flavorful modify from merely having raw oysters. Serve equally a repast or equally an appetizer. The recipe tin live on easily doubled.



 Add the breadstuff crumbs as well as bacon bits as well as stir to combine Broiled Oysters alongside Bacon as well as Leeks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saucisses De Toulouse Aux Lentilles Du Puy Et Courge

Indian Tacos

Mango Marinated Grilled Boneless Pork Ribs