Classic Butter Cake

A few days ago, my cooking buddy Katy, at Food For a Hungry Soul, posted a peachy classic cake recipe. It similar a shot caught my eye, non exclusively because it looked hence moist in addition to delicious, simply it looked quick, tardily in addition to used all touchstone pantry ingredients (my see of a peachy recipe).

The recipe is all I hoped it would be. We had society for the weekend in addition to the cake was a large hit. As a affair of fact, it was gone inwards almost a hateful solar daytime in addition to a one-half (and it makes a prissy large cake!!).  I promise y'all attempt it, it is delicious, give thank y'all you Katy!!

OLD FASHIONED BUTTER CAKE
2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
1¼ loving cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
½ cup butter, softened
1 loving cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I used 2)
2 eggs

Preheat oven to 350*F. Grease in addition to flour ii 8" x 2" baking pans in addition to laid aside. (see note)

In a large mixing bowl sift together the flour, sugar, baking pulverisation in addition to salt. Add butter, milk, in addition to vanilla. Beat on high speed of an electrical mixer for 2 minutes (scrape downward the sides of the bowl ane time inwards a while). Add the eggs in addition to compaction ii to a greater extent than minutes.

Pour batter into prepared pans, dividing as betwixt the pans. Bake xxx to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the pump comes out clean. Remove from oven.

Cool inwards the pans for 10 minutes in addition to hence plow cakes out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.

Katy frosted her butter cake amongst a delicious looking chocolate frosting, which I planned on repeating until I discovered I didn’t receive got plenty powdered sugar, hence I opted for a cooked frosting that uses granulated sugar, you tin detect my recipe here.

NOTE: The start time, I made this cake, I made the mistake of non measuring  the depth of my 8” cake pans. Katy’s directions said 8” x 2” in addition to I flora out (all also late) that my pans were 8” past times 1½”. The cake baked beautifully, simply got hence tall that it came over the last on in addition to flowed over the edges (and downward the sides) of the pan (thank goodness I had them on a cookie sheet!!) The side past times side fourth dimension I made the cake, I used a 9” x 2” pan in addition to it worked beautifully (baked inwards xxx minutes).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saucisses De Toulouse Aux Lentilles Du Puy Et Courge

Indian Tacos

Pineapple Upside-Down Cake