Crockpot Picnic Beans

I've been making these beans for my solid unit of measurement for 30+ years as well as they are e'er a hit. Now that nosotros are empty nesters, I brand a large pot of these as well as and thence freeze them inward two loving cup containers for a quick as well as yummy side dish for whatsoever meal. 



I lay the next ingredients (which are e'er inward my pantry) into a large crockpot earlier I larn to bed as well as allow them laid on LOW all night.



2 cups DRY navy beans (do non soak)
6 cups water
1/2 loving cup black dark-brown saccharide  (light dark-brown saccharide plant good too)
3 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon dry out mustard powder
3/4 loving cup sweetness onion chopped pocket-size as well as sautéed
(1) 8 ounce tin love apple tree sauce
small pinch of cayenne pepper
6 slices crisp cooked as well as drained bacon

Now, a give-and-take nigh the beans:  Over the years, I've tried every sort of DRY edible bean in that place is as well as they ALL work, however, the tiny piffling "navy beans" operate the best as well as tolerate re-heating without going mushy. I highly recommend that yous purpose navy beans. Make certain yous rinse as well as sort the dry out beans, but create NOT pre-soak them.

Put everything into a large crockpot as well as comprehend amongst half-dozen cups of water. Stir good as well as onset low for 12 hours. The final 3-4 hours, prop the lid of the boring cooker opened upwards (just a little) amongst a spoon, to thicken the sauce. 


Note nigh onions: When I determine to brand these beans (and I'm out of fresh onions), I purpose a scant tablespoon of dehydrated onion flakes, they operate well.


ENJOY !!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saucisses De Toulouse Aux Lentilles Du Puy Et Courge

Indian Tacos

Pineapple Upside-Down Cake