Elotes-Inspired Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole



Ingredients:

1 medium-large cauliflower, cutting into bite-sized florets
1/2 loving cup sour cream
1 1/2 tablespoons Tajín Clásico Seasoning
1/3-1/2 loving cup grated cotija
1/3-1/2 loving cup shredded queso quesadilla
1 bunch scallions or greenish onion, diced
1/2 loving cup fresh breadcrumbs (I used breadcrumbs from a loaf of cheese breadstuff but whatsoever would work)

Directions:

Steam cauliflower until only barely fork-tender. Cool completely. (this tin flame endure done upwards to i twenty-four hours ahead)

Preheat oven to 350.

Place the cooled cauliflower inwards a medium-sized bowl. Add the sour cream, Tajín, cheese, too scallion. Stir until evenly distributed. Lightly grease a 1 1/2 quart baking pan too pour the mixture inwards the pan. Sprinkle amongst breadcrumbs. Bake 20 minutes or until browned too bubbly.



My thoughts:
I had an only unlike stance every bit to what I was doing amongst this cauliflower but the gouda I was planning on using was unexpectedly moldy too thus I had to switch gears. I didn't actually grow upwards eating casseroles but every bit an adult, I've institute I actually bask vegetable casseroles inwards particular. Some of the meat too murphy ones I've seen are even too thus a petty daunting but for veggies, they are a great, tardily means to serve vegetables that seems special but actually requires petty effort.


I e'er induce got chile-lime Tajín inwards the cabinet too I had 2 kinds of Mexican cheese I had picked upwards for around other recipe too I quickly came upwards amongst this casserole inspired past times the flavors of i of my favorite summertime dishes: elotes, Mexican street corn. Tajín is traditionally used sprinkled over fruit but I've come upwards to honey the mixture inwards savory dishes every bit well. I was actually pleased amongst how it turned out. The quesadilla cheese, of course, melts beautifully too held the mixture together too the cotija has too thus much sharp, savory flavour it actually jazzes upwards cauliflower which, spell I honey it, tin flame endure bland. The toasty breadcrumbs added a lot of texture interest. It actually looks similar a touchstone creamy casserole but i time you lot induce got a bite, you lot realize how fresh too total of flavour it is.
I used breadcrumbs from a loaf of cheese breadstuff but whatsoever would operate Elotes-Inspired Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saucisses De Toulouse Aux Lentilles Du Puy Et Courge

Indian Tacos

Mango Marinated Grilled Boneless Pork Ribs