Home Made Panko Crumbs

Panko (breading) crumbs are the absolute best for many, many recipes. I late used them to turn "ho-hum" shrimp into "Wow, these are GREAT" shrimp.  I've heard of people using Panko inwards meatloaf as well as meatballs (I haven't tried that yet) likewise every bit a ton of other recipes.

My biggest occupation alongside panko breadstuff crumbs is that they tin dismiss endure expensive AND they are NOT something I routinely keep inwards my pantry.  That's why I was thrilled to brand this discovery!!

Panko breadstuff crumbs are dissimilar from measure breadstuff crumbs because they are a made from SHREDDED bread, non breadstuff crumbs.  With that inwards mind, I FROZE 4 slices of regular (cheap) sandwich bread. I  as well as then cutting the crusts off as well as cutting the resulting "squares" of sandwich breadstuff inwards half.  I as well as then stacked them upwards as well as fed them through the SHREDDER inwards my nutrient processor.  This is what they looked like:


They were low-cal as well as fluffy

I as well as then sprinkled them evenly over a dry out cookie sheet, gently spreading them every bit sparse every bit I could as well as baked them inwards a pre-heated  300° oven for close 10 minutes.  Actually, they were dry out inwards 8 minutes, merely I allow them rest inwards their for a duet to a greater extent than minutes to endure sure.  Just don't allow them plough color.

This "recipe" volition brand close 1½ cups of panko fashion crumbs, thence if yous double the recipe, brand certain yous bake it on 2 cookie sheets thence the crumbs tin dismiss spread out as well as dry out properly.


I'm thinking of making whole wheat panko crumbs next!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saucisses De Toulouse Aux Lentilles Du Puy Et Courge

Indian Tacos

Mango Marinated Grilled Boneless Pork Ribs