Jam Bars

I saw this nifty recipe on Monica's spider web site raspberry shortbread bar that I posted most a yr ago, but fifty-fifty easier to make.

This fruit bar gets fifty-fifty to a greater extent than tasty on solar daytime 2 as well as three. They are heavenly (in spite of my  emergency exchange inward the almond department). I promise y'all endeavor them, y'all volition dear the crumbly, buttery, sweet, nutty crust (it has simply a hint of cinnamon). This recipe is a keeper.

1/2 loving cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1½ cups all role flour
1/2 teaspoon terra firma cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 loving cup calorie-free dark-brown carbohydrate packed (I utilisation nighttime dark-brown sugar)
1/4 loving cup granulated sugar
i large egg yolk
3/4 loving cup sliced almonds (I used walnuts)
1/2 loving cup of your favorite fruit jam (I used an extra 2 tablespoons)
i teaspoon vanilla extract (my addition)

Preheat your oven to 350 as well as butter an 8" foursquare baking dish (I didn't butter the pan, instead I lined it amongst parchment newspaper as well as left the ends long as well as then that I could easily elevator out the whole foursquare afterwards it cooled...easier to cutting that way).

Whisk together the flour, cinnamon, tabular array salt as well as baking powder, laid aside.

Cream the butter as well as sugars on high speed until they are calorie-free as well as fluffy; shell inward the egg yolk as well as vanilla extract.  Reduce mixer speed to depression as well as gradually add together the flour mixture.

Stir inward the nuts. Note: I used walnuts instead of almonds as well as I used my nutrient processor to chop them fairly small.

Gently press one-half of this mixture, evenly,  into your prepared baking dish. Stir the jam (I used raspberry) amongst a spoon to loosen it upwards as well as gently spread it onto the bottom one-half of the bars, leaving a 1/4" jam costless edge as well as then that the jam doesn't stick to the sides of the pan when baked.

Top the jam layer amongst the residuum of the flour-nut mixture advertizement spread evenly, pressing lightly to brand the layers stick to each other.

Bake for 25 to 35 minutes (my oven took 35 minutes) or until the live on is golden.

IMPORTANT: Cool completely earlier y'all endeavor to take these bars from the pan. Cut bars amongst serrated knife.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saucisses De Toulouse Aux Lentilles Du Puy Et Courge

Indian Tacos

Mango Marinated Grilled Boneless Pork Ribs