Maple Pecan Pie

Picky-picky hubby quizzed me on what season pie I was making this morning and when I told him it was maple pecan, my "pecan pie purist" husband wrinkled upwards his olfactory organ in addition to went silent...(no fear...I'm used to that reply ha! ha!). However, I've noticed him cutting extra slices from the pie to a greater extent than than in 1 lawsuit today, in addition to hence I'm guessing he approves (everyone else loved it too!!).

This recipe is a nice, sweetness alter from traditional pecan pie since it's made amongst existent maple syrup in addition to it goes together quick in addition to easy!! 

2 teaspoons butter
1½ cups pecans
iii eggs
1 loving cup existent maple syrup (not pancake syrup)
1/2 loving cup granulated sugar
1/3 loving cup melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon maple extract
1/2 teaspoon salt

Melt two teaspoons of butter inward a frying pan in addition to toast the pecans for a twain of minutes. Be really careful because they burn downward FAST!! Let the toasted nuts cool for most 10 minutes earlier adding them to the pie filling.

Mix everything else inward a large bowl, using a whisk to combine well.  Stir inward the cooled pecans in addition to pour this filling into an unbaked 9" pie shell.

Bake inward a preheated 350 oven for 45 to fifty minutes or until the filling is laid upwards in addition to puffs a little. My oven takes the sum fifty minutes.  Cool to room temperature earlier slicing.

NOTE: The rootage fourth dimension I made this pie, I didn't lookout adult man the pecans closed plenty in addition to they scorched (an expensive lesson!!). So most of the time, I toast them inward the oven spell it is preheating (just to live on safe).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saucisses De Toulouse Aux Lentilles Du Puy Et Courge

Indian Tacos

Mango Marinated Grilled Boneless Pork Ribs