Old-Fashioned Zucchini Corn Pie



Ingredients:
3 cups shredded zucchini
1 loving cup shredded Mexican mix cheese*
2 ears' worth of corn kernels
1/2 onion, chopped
v sprigs' worth of thyme
3 eggs
1 loving cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 loving cup olive oil
body of body of water salt
freshly dry reason dark pepper

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly petroleum an 8-inch pie plate amongst olive oil. Set aside. Place all ingredients inward a large bowl, mix until good blended (I used my stand upwardly mixer simply a paw mixer or fifty-fifty a spoon would hold out fine). Scrape into prepared pie plate. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden. Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack as well as hence land as well as serve.



*Mine was a mix of Monterey Jack, Queso Quesadilla, Cheddar as well as Asadero cheeses.





My thoughts:
It is a picayune early on inward the yr to hold out overwhelmed past times zucchini simply I had ii zucchini I wanted to sew together earlier my adjacent orbit delivery. Those two, relatively small, zucchini yielded iii whole cups of shredded zucchini! It was tempting to brand zucchini bread simply nosotros needed dinner, non a snack. I had read inward a novel concluding fall, afterwards zucchini season, nigh a savory zucchini pie as well as I tucked that persuasion away until now. I had never had zucchini pie earlier simply it seemed similar the perfect solution: a one-dish repast that required real picayune endeavour nonetheless yielded dandy results as well as used upwardly a lot of zucchini. I don't mean value corn is a traditional addition, simply I had roughly sweetness corn as well as persuasion it would add together bursts of flavor. It added a summery affect too.

The pie ended upwardly existence quite custardy as well as had a light, polish texture. Sort of similar a cross betwixt a souffle as well as a quiche simply much easier than both because all I had to orbit was mix together all of the ingredients, no sauteing required. Perfect for the goal of a busy day.

We had this every bit our original dish, along amongst roughly fruit as well as and hence gelato simply persuasion it would hold out expert every bit a side every bit well. Perhaps amongst a pork chop or grilled sausage? Nothing to heavy. Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 salad mightiness hold out expert also if you lot are trying to actually larn your recommended daily servings of vegetables in.



I used my stand upwardly mixer simply a paw mixer or fifty-fifty a spoon would hold out fine Old-Fashioned Zucchini Corn Pie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saucisses De Toulouse Aux Lentilles Du Puy Et Courge

Indian Tacos

Mango Marinated Grilled Boneless Pork Ribs