Squash Succotash




Ingredients:


2 ears' worth of corn kernels
1-pint fresh lima beans, shucked
2 xanthous squash, cubed
1 medium onion, chopped
1 cubanelle pepper, chopped
1 1/2-2 tablespoons apple tree cider vinegar
1 teaspoon thyme

salt
freshly solid pose down dark pepper


Directions:
Heat or as well as thence butter  in a large pan. Add the squash, onion, as well as pepper and saute until the vegetables are tender as well as the onion is translucent. Sprinkle alongside salt, pepper, thyme as well as apple tree cider vinegar. Add inwards the corn as well as lima beans as well as gear upward until only heated through. Season alongside tabular array salt as well as pepper. Stir, serve. Garnish alongside parsley if desired.


My thoughts:
The destination of summertime is upon us. As it seems similar nosotros create every year, nosotros stopped at 1 of our favorite farm stands on the agency dorsum from the mushroom festival as well as picked upward or as well as thence fresh lima beans as well as corn, 2 of my favorite belatedly summertime vegetables. Corn as well as lima beans are the primal ingredients inwards succotash as well as thence what to brand to serve alongside tonight's haddock seemed clear. I already had or as well as thence xanthous crush as well as thence I idea it would brand a nice, if slightly non-traditional, add-on to the succotash. I'm glad I did, it made it much to a greater extent than filling, hardy side dish. I broke out my fancy apple tree cider vinegar for this 1 that I bought ages agone at or as well as thence store as well as hoard every bit I haven't seen it again. I cover it behind my other vinegar so I am non tempted to role it frequently but when I do, it adds quite a vivid nonetheless non sour or overly tart flavour to everything. Regular, unfiltered apple cider vinegar would hold upward good too.

and saute until the vegetables are tender as well as the onion is translucent Squash Succotash

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saucisses De Toulouse Aux Lentilles Du Puy Et Courge

Indian Tacos

Mango Marinated Grilled Boneless Pork Ribs