Steak & Greens Quiche




Ingredients:

for the crust:

three tablespoons olive oil
2 loving cup fresh breadcrumbs (I used cheese bread)

for the filling:
iv cups (loose) bite-sized pieces of blood-red together with dark-green kale
1 bunch leeks, sliced (tender parts only)
1 jump onion, chopped
1 large portobello mushroom, cubed
vii oz leftover steak, cutting into bite-sized pieces
six eggs
1 1/4 cups milk
1 lb
3/4 loving cup shredded Gruyère
salt
freshly solid soil dark pepper


jump onion greens for garnish (optional)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400.

In a medium bowl, stir together the crumbs together with stone oil until the mixture sticks together

Press the mixture to shape a crust inwards a pie plate or quiche pan or tart pan (I only role a Pyrex pie plate). Bake 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned together with crisp. Cool on wire rack.

Reduce oven to 325.


Meanwhile, saute the leek, jump onion, kale, together with mushroom inwards a minor sum of oil, bacon grease or butter until the greens are wilted together with the mushroom is softened. Allow to cool to room temperature. Stir inwards the steak. Set aside.

In a medium bowl, whisk together (I used my hand egg beater) the milk together with eggs. Stir inwards remaining ingredients. Pour into the prepared pan.

 Bake 45-50 minutes or until fully cooked. If at that spot is H2O on the surface of the quiche when it is fully cooked, carefully blot it amongst a stuff or newspaper towel. Cool on wire rack.




My thoughts:
I've been on a chip of a quiche boot lately together with this is ane of the skillful ones. Quiche is traditionally a skillful agency to role upward leftovers together with this ane is no exception! I had an strange sum of steaks the other 24-hour interval for dinner together with ended upward amongst ane leftover. Normally I'd only brand a sandwich or something but I had or then kale I didn't know what to exercise amongst then why non combine the two? This is definitely a heartier quiche thank you lot to the steak together with bold greens but I mean value it makes it a amend jibe for dinner than a lot of the lighter quiches out there. I made a breadcrumb crust over again together with I nevertheless dear it amend than a traditional crust. It's then quick together with slowly yet super flavorful. You actually can't enquire for to a greater extent than together with it takes quiche from beingness something I actually request to computer program for to something I tin clit together inwards only a few minutes earlier baking.

 stir together the crumbs together with stone oil until the mixture sticks together Steak & Greens Quiche

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saucisses De Toulouse Aux Lentilles Du Puy Et Courge

Indian Tacos

Mango Marinated Grilled Boneless Pork Ribs