Turkey Vegetable Kamut Soup



Ingredients:
xvi oz frozen "soup mix" vegetables*
ii cloves garlic, chopped
fifteen oz canned diced tomatoes
four cups chicken or turkey stock
3/4 loving cup kamut (khorasan wheat) berries
1/2 loving cup dry out vermouth
iii sprigs of thyme worth of leaves
1 bay leaf
ii teaspoon carmine pepper flakes
ii cups diced cooked turkey breast

Directions:
Place the frozen vegetables, garlic, tomatoes, stock, kamut, vermouth,  herbs as well as spices inward a four quart irksome cooker. Cook on depression for 8 or hence hours as well as then stir inward the turkey. Cook for 1-2 hours on depression as well as then serve.

*The mix I bought has carrots, potatoes, corn, greenish beans, Lima beans, okra, peas, celery as well as onion.
My thoughts:
I idea a Thanksgiving leftover recipe would hold out the perfect vehicle to travail out new-to-me frozen soup mix vegetables. Normally when firing upwards the irksome cooker, I chop all of the ingredients past times mitt the nighttime earlier hence they are laid upwards to become inward the morning. When picking upwards unopen to frozen pearl onions (Aside: why are they ofttimes exclusively available during the holidays? So frustrating. I halt upwards buying a year's furnish inward Nov because I don't convey the patience for peeling fresh.) I came across this "soup mix" that looked pretty good. I mean, okra? An inspired choice. I tossed them inward the cart. They've been inward the freezer ever since.

I know I've spent plenty fourth dimension chopping as well as we're notwithstanding early on inward the vacation flavour hence what improve fourth dimension to travail them out? All I had to create was chop the turkey as well as the garlic. The vegetables were a thrifty selection too; on sale for ii for $1.50. I didn't toll it out simply that has to hold out cheaper than buying as well as chopping each of those ingredients individually, right? Which I appreciate because piece I e'er cry upwards of soup equally beingness this super thrifty, inexpensive dinner simply when I genuinely toll out the ingredients as well as my labor, it isn't that inexpensive afterwards all. This recipe uses kamut (although I bet you lot could sub inward farro as well as convey dandy results) hence you lot don't bespeak an extra grain to serve. I honey i pot cooking! The resulting soup was genuinely hearty as well as satisfying as well as hence flavorful!



 where you lot tin laissez passer notice shop all of your favorite spider web recipes inward i house as well as easily add together ingredie Turkey Vegetable Kamut Soup

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saucisses De Toulouse Aux Lentilles Du Puy Et Courge

Indian Tacos

Mango Marinated Grilled Boneless Pork Ribs