Apricot Sage Jam


Ingredients:
iii lb apricots, stones removed
two 1/4 cups sugar
1/4 loving cup lemon juice
10-12 fresh sage leaves

Directions:
Lightly bruise the sage together with house it into a tea ball. Place everything inwards a heavy bottomed pot. Stir.



Bring to a boil. Reduce rut slightly together with ready until thick, stirring occasionally together with smashing upward the apricots amongst the dorsum of your spoon.




Pour into prepared jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Process inwards a boiling H2O bathroom for ten minutes.

Yield: near iv 8-oz jars


Note: Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 cracking rootage for canning data is the Blue Book conduct to preserving. I highly recommend it for learning how to can. Here are around of my other favorite canning books together with supplies.

My thoughts:
Apricots are a lot of fun to tin post away because you lot don't convey to pare them. I but pulled them inwards half, popped out the pit together with that was the whole prep. It exclusively took near v minutes to acquire from whole fruit to cooking on the stove. I convey a ton of fresh sage growing inwards our novel herb garden together with therefore I idea I'd position around in. It's pungent savoriness contrasts nicely amongst the super sweet, fragrant apricots I used. Yum! I can't await to endeavour it inwards both sweetness together with savory recipes. Matt said it was together with therefore good, I can't hand whatsoever jars of it away!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saucisses De Toulouse Aux Lentilles Du Puy Et Courge

Indian Tacos

Mango Marinated Grilled Boneless Pork Ribs