Citrus Rubbed Coca-Cola Chicken



Ingredients:
1 6-lb chicken (don't larn every bit good big, you lot desire to hold out able to unopen the grill!)
1 opened upwards 12 oz tin Coke
juice in addition to zest of i orange
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon pepper seasoning
1 tablespoon Aleppo pepper
1 tablespoon dehydrated minced onion
1 teaspoon dried thyme
coarse kosher or body of body of water salt

Directions:
Place a foil bowl (buy a circular foil tin or fashion i out of regular foil) nether the pump of the rack. Surround amongst coals. Place applewood chips inward a foil bundle (poke holes inward it) or inward a smoker box. Prep grill. Rub the chicken downwardly amongst the juice in addition to sprinkle amongst spices in addition to zest. Place the tin of soda inward a can chicken roaster. Place the chicken over the cooker. Place on the grill, over the foil bowl.




Cover in addition to ready until amount cooked through, adding coals every bit needed to continue the rut constant. It should accept nearly 1-1/2 hrs.


My thoughts:
Honestly, I get got grown a combat tired of chicken. I got burnt out on it acre writing my cookbook (lean protein!) in addition to haven't wholly embraced it since. That hasn't stopped me from appreciating it when it is exceptionally good done in addition to this was. It is literally the juiciest combat of chicken I intend I get got always made, much less grilled. Smoky in addition to citrus scented. Meltingly tender and, I did I mention? Super, super moist. I am certain the fact that the chicken was from our local poultry farm helped precisely the soda in addition to rub actually sealed inward the juices. Yum!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saucisses De Toulouse Aux Lentilles Du Puy Et Courge

Indian Tacos

Mango Marinated Grilled Boneless Pork Ribs