Mango Pineapple Jam



Ingredients:
iv cups finely diced ripe mango
iv cups finely diced fresh pineapple
five cups sugar
ii tablespoons lemon juice
ii tablespoons low-cal rum (optional)
i half-dozen oz box liquid pectin

Directions:
Add the sugar, mango, rum in addition to pineapple to a large pot. Prep jars/lids for canning. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally. Add the lemon juice. Boil for xv minutes or until thickened. Carefully mash, using a tater masher, whatever remaining large chunks. Add the pectin (both packets!). Continue cooking at a depression (rolling) boil for five minutes or until thick in addition to jammy. Fill the jars. Wipe off the lip in addition to body of body of water Process inwards the hot H2O bathroom for x minutes.

Yield: almost half-dozen 8-oz jars

Note: H5N1 swell beginning for canning data is the Blue Book direct to preserving. I highly recommend it for learning how to can. Here is a bunch of other canning books in addition to equipment I detect useful.


My thoughts:
The other 24-hour interval Matt was sick in addition to thence I drafted him into helping me prep from belatedly flavor citrus to plow into jam. After nosotros did that, I realized I had a bunch of mango in addition to a pineapple that needed eating, in addition to thence I went ahead in addition to turned them into jam too. I am glad I did. It is in addition to thence fresh in addition to tropical tasting without beingness likewise sweet. Just juicy in addition to perfect.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saucisses De Toulouse Aux Lentilles Du Puy Et Courge

Indian Tacos

Mango Marinated Grilled Boneless Pork Ribs