Ginger Cardamon Nectarine Jam



Ingredients:
three 1/4 loving cup crushed nectarines*
three tablespoons powdered pectin**
2 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon terra firma roasted ginger
1/2 teaspoon terra firma cardamom
2 tablespoons lemon juice


Directions:

Evenly sprinkle the bottom of the as seen inwards this recipe.


Ladle the jam into prepared jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Process inwards the hot H2O bathroom for 10 minutes.



Yield: near four 8-oz jars

*This was from a petty over four 1/2 cups diced nectarines from near five whole nectarines.


**I recommend these jars of flex batch pectin. three tablespoons equals 1/2 of a pouch of boxed pectin.

Note: H5N1 peachy rootage for canning data is the Blue Book direct to preserving. I highly recommend it for learning how to can. Here is a bunch of other canning books as well as equipment I discovery useful.


My thoughts:
I had around nectarines leftover from making the barbecue sauce as well as idea I'd brand a quick batch of jam. While I similar making jam the sometime fashioned agency (and y'all can, of course, role the measurements of this recipe to brand jam on the stovetop) this Ball Jam Maker actually is a lifesaver when y'all only desire to brand a few jars to role upward around fruit or inwards this case, when I was distracted yesteryear creating another, to a greater extent than hard recipe. It was wonderful non to possess got to operate along an optic on ii big pots on the stove at the same time! Added bonus: betwixt this as well as the other recipe I was creating, I was able to lay a amount charge into the canner. Which I honey because I loathe heating upward the kitchen boiling that huge pot of H2O for only four jars.

I added around of my favorite spices, ginger as well as cardamom to this jam because I idea they'd actually laid off the lush, juicy nectarine. It makes the nectarine accept on a tropical vibe which I actually enjoyed. I can't facial expression to elbow grease this inwards stuffed french toast.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saucisses De Toulouse Aux Lentilles Du Puy Et Courge

Indian Tacos

Mango Marinated Grilled Boneless Pork Ribs