Spice Pickled Mirabelle Plums




Ingredients:
xx mirabelle plums
1 loving cup water
1 1/4 loving cup white vinegar
3/4 loving cup sugar
2 whole star anise
2 whole cloves
2 whole white cardamom pods
10 white peppercorns
1 bay leaf


Directions:
Add the plums as well as spices to a quart jar, taking assist to travel out a petty to a greater extent than than 1/2 inch of headspace at the top. Combine the water, vinegar as well as carbohydrate inwards a saucepan as well as choose to a depression boil. Stir to dissolve the sugar. Pour brine over the plums, leaving 1/2 inch of headspace. Remove whatever bubbles. Seal as well as procedure inwards a H2O bathroom for 10 minutes.


Yield: 1 quart

Note: H5N1 non bad root for canning data is the Blue Book guide to preserving. I highly recommend it for learning how to can. Here is a bunch of other canning books as well as equipment I notice useful.

My thoughts:
I had roughly mirabelle plums leftover later on making jam as well as eating roughly out of manus as well as thus I idea I'd endeavour pickling some. I honey pickled fruit as well as hadn't had a conduct chances to pickle plums before. I idea their pocket-size size, sweetness flesh as well as tart peel would live on non bad inwards a pickle. I was right! These pickles are sweet, puckery as well as intensely flavored. Although the plum are French specialty, the spices I used are a slight nod to Scandinavian cooking. They are but as well as thus aromatic, I knew they'd live on a non bad fit.

Since I made such a pocket-size batch, I used my Ball Home Canning Discovery Kit handbasket as well as my largest stock pot instead of my large canner. Since it was a smaller pot, the H2O came to a boil quickly. In fact, this whole projection took most xv minutes, including processing the cans. You could also easily skid this scandalise inwards alongside a batch of something else y'all are canning. I but exactly trying to save the plums earlier it was every bit good belatedly as well as didn't choose whatever other canning projects develop to go.

Some thoughts: If y'all choose to a greater extent than plums, I intend this recipe could live on easily doubled. You could also piece of job 2 wide-mouthed pint jars instead of i quart. I choose a bunch of vintage quart jars my mom's friends choose passed on to me as well as I similar to piece of job them when I can.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saucisses De Toulouse Aux Lentilles Du Puy Et Courge

Indian Tacos

Mango Marinated Grilled Boneless Pork Ribs