Peach Huckleberry Lemon Verbena Jam


Ingredients:
four cups lightly crushed peaches
2/3 loving cup blueberries, lightly crushed
iii tablespoons instant pectin*
2 cups sugar
iii tablespoons bottled lemon juice
iii tablespoons chiffonade lemon verbena**


Directions:

Evenly sprinkle the bottom of the Ball Jam Maker alongside the pectin. Spoon the fruit inwards a relatively fifty-fifty layer over the pectin. Sprinkle alongside lemon juice. Press the jam button. You volition listen a beep at four minutes. Sprinkle the saccharide as well as lemon verbena over the fruit mixture piece the car is withal running. Cover as well as await for the jam bike to complete. Press the cancel push clitoris as well as unplug the machine.


If non using a as seen inwards this recipe.

Ladle the jam into prepared jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Process inwards the hot H2O bathroom for 10 minutes. I used my electric canner which takes the same amount of fourth dimension every bit processing on the stove only without heating upward the house.


Yield: nigh v 8-oz jars


*I recommend these jars of flex batch pectin. iii tablespoons equals 1/2 of a pouch of boxed pectin.


** I used my herb scissors as well as cutting from the leafage straight into the sugar.



Note: H5N1 nifty root for canning data is the Blue Book guide to preserving. I highly recommend it for learning how to can. Here is a bunch of other canning books as well as equipment I uncovering useful.



My thoughts:
 The lovely people at the Washington State Fruit Commission as well as the masterminds behind corning my ain beef as well as making my ain mustard or whatsoever only canning inwards belatedly July tin hold upward a grueling sense the onetime fashioned way.

This jam combines 2 of my favorite summertime fruits as well as i of my favorite herbs from our garden. It actually is summertime inwards a jar! The lemon verbena adds a brilliant citrus complaint that tempers the sweetness peach as well as the huckleberry adds non alone coloring only a berry fullness to the jar. It is lovely instantly only I can't await to opened upward a jounce during the nighttime days of wintertime for a footling cheer.

 Spoon the fruit inwards a relatively fifty-fifty layer over the pectin Peach Blueberry Lemon Verbena Jam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saucisses De Toulouse Aux Lentilles Du Puy Et Courge

Indian Tacos

Mango Marinated Grilled Boneless Pork Ribs