Peach Fish Pepper Jam

Ingredients:
iii 1/2 cups lightly crushed peaches
iii tablespoons powdered depression saccharide pectin*
ii cups sugar
iii tablespoons lemon juice
ii fish peppers, diced


Directions:

Evenly sprinkle the bottom of the as seen inwards this recipe.

Ladle the jam into prepared jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Process inwards the hot H2O bathroom for 10 minutes.


Yield: close 4 8-oz jars


*I recommend these jars of flex batch pectin. iii tablespoons equals 1/2 of a pouch of boxed pectin.

Note: H5N1 non bad rootage for canning data is the Blue Book conduct to preserving. I highly recommend it for learning how to can. Here is a bunch of other canning books together with equipment I discovery useful.



My thoughts:

My married adult man loves peaches. I'm to a greater extent than of a nectarine daughter myself because I am i of the unlucky few that run itchy when I grip peaches. Luckily, he is happy to tegument (and cube!) them for me hence I tin taste them equally much equally he does. So when the lovely people at the Washington State Fruit Commission together with the masterminds behind peaches inwards vanilla edible bean syrup, spicy nectarine barbecue sauce, zesty plum ketchup together with ginger-cardamom nectarine jam I made alongside fruit they sent me terminal September) I jumped at the chance! It came inwards a huge box,and all of the fruit looks perfect including to a greater extent than or less of the biggest peaches I've seen together with to a greater extent than or less fragrant apricots. Of course of didactics it arrived the same twenty-four hr menstruum I came abode alongside five lbs of plums hence I'm a chip overwhelmed alongside fruit at the moment. The urge to brand jam was potent because at that topographic point is cypher similar a chip of summertime inwards the dead of wintertime to cheer y'all up. I went for a sweet-hot jam using heirloom fish peppers from the garden that volition travel lovely inwards whatsoever fashion of savory (and sugariness uses).


I know the jam machine is somewhat controversial amidst canners, to a greater extent than or less tell that it isn't truthful jam making unless y'all are standing over a hot stove to brand it. I run it. I'm individual who corned my ain beef (and smoked it to brand pastrami), made my ain mustard together with seeded sourdough rye bread for a unmarried sandwich. I'm all for authentic cooking. But, I honestly don't run across what the occupation is here. I purpose an electrical mixer besides together with y'all don't run across whatsoever upwards inwards arms close that. The jam comes out only equally expert equally it does inwards the pan (sometimes ameliorate because at that topographic point is no fright of scorching or burning) together with terminal night, I made this jam inwards 35 minutes (including sealing the jars!) at 10 pm. I can't produce that on the stove. Of course, y'all tin brand this on the stovetop if y'all prefer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saucisses De Toulouse Aux Lentilles Du Puy Et Courge

Indian Tacos

Mango Marinated Grilled Boneless Pork Ribs