Raspberry-Plum Jam



Ingredients:
12 oz fresh raspberries
four large dark plums, finely chopped
iii tablespoons powdered pectin*
ii cups sugar

Directions:
Use a Irish Gaelic patato masher to gently mash the raspberries. It should yield 1 loving cup crushed raspberries. Repeat amongst the plums to yield ii 1/4 cups.

Evenly sprinkle the bottom of the as seen inwards this recipe.


Ladle the jam into prepared jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Process inwards the hot H2O bathroom for ten minutes.



Yield: almost four 8-oz jars. (I was simply slightly nether together with then I canned iii 8-oz, 1 4-oz together with had a flake leftover that I simply ate)



*I recommend these jars of "flex" batch pectin. iii tablespoons equals 1/2 of a pouch of boxed pectin.

Note: Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 dandy origin for canning data is the Blue Book guide to preserving. I highly recommend it for learning how to can. Here is a bunch of other canning books together with equipment I notice useful.


My thoughts:
I of late aquired the novel things amongst them. Anyway, all this agency is that I've had this jam/jelly maker for a land straightaway together with it was simply lastly calendar week I finally got to try it out. I know making jam isn't the hardest things inwards the Blue Planet (I've made enough of it) but it does require me to live inwards the kitchen, over a hot stove during the hottest fourth dimension of the twelvemonth inwards our un-air-conditioned kitchen. Not the most fun fifty-fifty though I beloved the outcome. Enter the jam maker inwards twenty minutes or together with then (about the fourth dimension it takes my enormous canning pot of H2O to boil) yous acquire jam. From what I tin tell, it is basically similar a broad tedious cooker amongst a paddle that stirs together with cooks the jam without getting your kitchen hot. Or the remove for yous to sentinel it. It does brand rather pocket-sized batches of jam (4 8-oz jars or so) but yous tin build clean it out together with role it over again inwards the same 24-hour interval of course of report together with if yous are similar me together with similar to brand a diversity of flavors of jam, agency yous aren't overloaded amongst whatever i flavor. I went pretty elementary this fourth dimension since I hadn't used it earlier but I don't come across why yous couldn't add together another herbs or vinegar to the mix. I was pleased amongst the results. One of the issues I've had amongst plum jam was having likewise many large pieces of pare left (which I personally don't remove heed but other people get got commented on) together with this fourth dimension in that place were few obvious pieces left inwards the terminal jam. I similar the season of plum pare together with then I was glad I could acquire out on. The jam was also, equally yous powerfulness expect, very, real good mixed, non equally "lumpy" equally homemade jam tin be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saucisses De Toulouse Aux Lentilles Du Puy Et Courge

Indian Tacos

Mango Marinated Grilled Boneless Pork Ribs