Raspberry Thai Basil Jam

Ingredients:
three cups lightly crushed raspberries (about 1 1/2 lb)
three tablespoons powdered pectin*
ii cups sugar
ii tablespoons chopped Thai Basil


Directions:

Evenly sprinkle the bottom of the as seen inwards this recipe.

Ladle the jam into prepared jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Process inwards the hot H2O bathroom for 10 minutes.



Yield: close iv 8-oz jars



*I recommend these jars of flex batch pectin. three tablespoons equals 1/2 of a pouch of boxed pectin.

Note: H5N1 non bad origin for canning data is the Blue Book guide to preserving. I highly recommend it for learning how to can. Here is a bunch of other canning books together with equipment I abide by useful.

My thoughts:
I'm ever excited to tin something made solely from things (well, non the sugar, I'm non quite to the hollo for of harvesting my ain sugarcane yet) from my ain garden. This twelvemonth our raspberries get got actually taken off together with we've been getting quite a harvest. Not plenty to brand a HUGE batch of jam but plenty for close iv jars from but ii day's worth of berries. I used my jam maker piece I was busy cooking other things but y'all can, of course, brand this jam the quondam fashioned agency using the same proportions. Another addition for small-scale batch canning, I tin role a regular stockpot together with my insert from the domicile canning regain kit instead of my commons huge rack together with giant canning pot. The H2O boils then much to a greater extent than quickly! I made this whole jam outset to complete inwards close 35 minutes, including the 10 infinitesimal H2O batch together with crushing the berries. Can't rhythm out that!

The Thai basil was at the proffer of my husband, we're growing some inwards the garden together with it is doing quite well. We both honey adding fresh herbs to berry together with fruit drinks together with desserts then why non jam? It added a brilliant herbalness that was non bad amongst the sweetness raspberries.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saucisses De Toulouse Aux Lentilles Du Puy Et Courge

Indian Tacos

Mango Marinated Grilled Boneless Pork Ribs