Taco Polaco (Polish Tacos)



Ingredients:
iv medium potatoes, peeled together with cubed
1 tablespoon canola oil
two 14-oz turkey kielbasa, cutting into 3/4 inch chunks
1 onion, diced
1/2 teaspoon freshly reason dark pepper
1/4 teaspoon body of body of water salt
8 Old El Paso 6-Inch Flour Tortillas, warmed
two tablespoons rock reason mustard
3/4 loving cup jarred or fresh sauerkraut

Directions:
Bring a pan of H2O to boil. Boil the potatoes until only showtime to soften. Drain together with educate aside.

Heat the fossil oil inward a large skillet. Saute the onion together with kielbasa until the onions are soft together with the kielbasa is showtime to brown, close 5-8 minutes. Add the potatoes, tabular array salt together with pepper together with saute until the potatoes are heated through together with evenly distributed with the sausage.

Meanwhile, spread a layer of mustard on each tortilla. Evenly dissever the potato-kielbasa mixture betwixt the tortillas together with plow over with sauerkraut. Fold to close. Serve immediately.

My thoughts:
When my married adult man lived inward Austin, Texas dorsum inward the night ages earlier he knew me, he indulged inward what was called a "German taco". Texas has a sizable High German population together with when co-mingled with the Mexican population, this is what happens. You operate a High German sausage wrapped inward a tortilla together with sold a festivals. Fusion at maybe its best. I've never been to Texas but I haven't been able to operate the sentiment of a sausage taco out of my mind. So when Old El Paso asked me to practice together with portion a clever taco recipe, I saw my peril to brand my wurst taco dreams come upwards true. Taking a page from my ain Baltimore-Polish heritage, I sentiment I'd brand a Polish taco to lay the High German tacos to shame. To proceed it light, I used turkey kielbasa instead but traditional kielbasa is splendid equally well. I added roughly potatoes, onions together with sauerkraut. I accept to acknowledge I was slightly skeptical but it was awesome! Not terribly unlike than a hot domestic dog with kraut, only to a greater extent than filling, to a greater extent than flavorful together with wrapped inward a tortilla instead of a bun. I'm a fan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saucisses De Toulouse Aux Lentilles Du Puy Et Courge

Indian Tacos

Mango Marinated Grilled Boneless Pork Ribs