Plum & Lemon Zest Jam


Ingredients:
8 cups black plum chunks*
iv 1/2-5 cups sugar
ane box powdered pectin
1/4 loving cup lemon juice
zest from two lemons


Directions:

Prep jars/lids for canning. Place the plums into a large, heavy bottomed pan. Add the sugar,  lemon juice in addition to zest. Bring to a boil, stirring in addition to breaking upward whatsoever large chunks (I used a Irish Gaelic patato masher) until it begins to trim in addition to thicken. Stir inward the pectin. Continue cooking at a depression (rolling) boil for 2-3 minutes or until it looks jammy. Fill the jars leaving 1/4 inch headroom. Process inward the hot H2O bathroom for ten minutes.

Yield: 6-7 8-oz jars.

*I started off amongst virtually 2 lbs of whole plums.

Note: Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 dandy root for canning data is the Blue Book postulate to preserving. I highly recommend it for learning how to can. Here is a bunch of other canning books in addition to equipment I detect useful.

My thoughts:
Canning, canning, canning. I am a fleck worried this is turning into a serious addiction. I was overjoyed when my hubby brought habitation jam jars (from a regular grocery store!!) because all of mine were....used up. Either one-half empty inward the fridge, waiting inward the whole blueberries but easier than de-seeding blackberries or supreming citrus. The pits popped out easily in addition to the plums chopped upward quickly. I simply used regular sometime dark plums but I am certain whatsoever multifariousness of plum would move in addition to at that topographic point is likely roughly variety of plum that is particularly expert for canning out at that topographic point that I am unaware of. I besides used powdered pectin which I haven't had every bit much sense amongst in addition to it worked simply fine, the plums were actually juicy but the jam gear upward simply fine. It was besides fun to move amongst plums because land I similar them a whole lot, I usually simply consume them out of manus in addition to never produce anything amongst them. I mean value this mightiness last the start plum recipe I've posted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saucisses De Toulouse Aux Lentilles Du Puy Et Courge

Indian Tacos

Mango Marinated Grilled Boneless Pork Ribs